Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The War Hit Berthoud



These are photos of Justin Bauer (courtesy of my space) He died last Friday and his funeral was today at our church( Life Bridge). Ryan and I remember him from high school, he was a 2002 graduate (ry was 2001 and I was 2000) Today when I picked up the kids from school I noticed a lot of people lined up on the streets of Berthoud with American flags. I honestly was not sure if it was for Obama but then I did remember Justin's funeral was today so we stopped, I thought it was probably for him. We got out of the car (My self and 4 6 year olds, I am filling in for daycare) and waited on the side of the street. 15 minutes went by and then the police cars, bikes, fire trucks, motorcycles and the family lemo's started down the street, then all the friends cars followed.... we had to leave (the kids were getting restless) but we were there for 20/25 minutes after the first police bike started and the cars were still coming down the street.
Oh and while I was picking up the kids at school I saw the Ivy Stockwell (the school where the boys go) kids and teachers lined up on the street behind the school. I think when Berthoud needs to they step up to the plate!
GOD BLESS JUSTIN BAUER AND HIS FAMILY
GOD BLESS ALL THE MILITARY MEN AND WOMEN AND THEIR FAMILIES!
It takes a special kind to do what they do.