Saturday, February 12, 2011

Amber's Drama

It all started Sunday late night...my teeth started to ache. I woke up a little swollen so I took some Ibuprofen and went to work. Tuesday woke up in A LOT of pain and my face was huge. I called my dentist and told them I thought it was my wisdom teeth they referred me to a oral surgeon in Longmont, called them made an appointment for Friday(eval) and Thursday (for surgery). I asked the DR at work to look in my mouth to see what she could see and she said it wasn't pretty, looked like a lot of swelling and infection. Then called my dentist back cause the pain just got worse, she was able to get me in the nest day at 2. Wednesday got up feeling dizzy, nauseous, shaky and in pain. The drive to work felt like an hour and it was only 12 minutes, almost throwing up in my car twice. Got to work the girls there took my vital and every thing was normal except my pulse and it was just a little high at 98 ;) They made me drink some apple juice and as i was walking to my office I threw up (in the bathroom, luckily) So all my great co-workers rallied around me giving me meds, wash clothes ect. and told me to go home. Well that sounded great but I was not going attempt that drive again. So my best friend Jenni and her son Trent came to my rescue and drove me home, that was not a pleasant drive either but was a little better cause I could close my eyes. I came in my front door and went straight to the couch, work clothes and all. Slept till my alarm went off at 1:30 for the dentist and as I got up to put jeans on and a sweatshirt...I threw up. Teresa came and drove me to the dentist on her way to get the boys from school. The verdict at the dentist office was INFECTION and SIDEWAYS (on the bottom) wisdom teeth, they put me on penicillin and wanted to give my vicodin but because i was not eating and throwing up we decided that was not the best thing. Fridays appointment with the oral surgeon went like this: xray, followed by me telling him I want all 4 wisdom teeth out and i want to be knocked out. That was fast and simple then it got hairy. He asked if he could get a CT scan because he did not like what he saw on one of the bottom wisdom teeth. It seems that my nerves have intertwined between the roots...that means when he takes it out it could be paralysis of my lower lip and jaw. So he was going to study my xray/CT scan and Thursday during my surgery if things look too complicated he will leave some of the root in my gum, not to disturb the nerve and i was told in a health tooth everything will just grow around it and it wouldn't cause me trouble. So as of right now I am on Steroids, Penicillin, Vicodin and Ibuprofen. Feeling better but not 100%. As the day goes on and the more I talk it seems to hurt worse. So I am waiting for Thursday and I will have 4 days to recuperate. Please pray that everything goes well and no long term effects. And also that I wont develop dry sockets (which both dentist and surgeon said i probably will due to the amount of open area i will have, i guess it will be bigger then most because their sideways).
Sorry for the book...I guess I had a lot to cover...