Wednesday, October 12, 2011

This was Tyler before he fell out of a tree....


This is what can happen when you fall out of a tree...





Here's the story...


Nathan & Tyler were playing in the front yard, Ryan had just left for a football game then work {he is working nights this week} and I was sitting watching TV, that's when our night changed. Tyler & Nathan came running around our camper {that is parked in the driveway cause Nathan & Ryan will be leaving Friday for elk hunting in Walden, CO} I could tell Tyler was crying cause he holds his breath when he crys and I could tell he was gasping for air. We met at the front door, Tyler was shaking uncontrollably and was not able to talk clearly. Nathan informed me that he was climbing the tree, the branch broke and he fell 15 feet. I got Tyler to calm down enough to tell me what was hurting and he started with his right hand, after checking it over I could tell it was just scraped up, with the starts of bruising. Second question...what else hurts? Tyler says "my back". I lift up his shirt to find in the right lower corner of his back a HOLE that was oozing blood and clear liquid. Ok now Mommy starts to think we need to go to the doctor...and fast! Since Ryan had just left my saving grace was our sister-in-law Ashley who just happened to go to the football game {her husband Cody is Ryan's brother and they play on the same team} She was able to get Ryan and direct him to where to go. My other obstacle was I didn't want to take Nathan with us so I called our friends The Jacobs' {who just left our house 10 minutes earlier} after numerous calls they were able to come to Nathan's rescue :) Ok so Tyler and I are off to urgent care, thinking hopefully they can take care of this but if not the ER is right across the street. Next step filling out paper work {really} apparently because we hadn't been there in a few years {thank GOD} we had some new questions to answer...the question was what company does your husband work for, my response___________??? Huh my mind went blank! Good thing I had my 9 year old with me who proceeded to tell the receptionist Zak Dirt. HaHa way to go Mom! A few minutes later Ryan joined us, a minute or two after that we were talking to the doctor. First, numbing which was NOT easy for Tyler but he got through it. Next was irrigating, which if any of you know the metal clamps that kind of look like scissors, um the Dr had those all the way in the "hole".WOW. Which later the Dr said it was a 3 inch deep puncture. Then came stitches, the stitch the Dr used reminded me of sewing a button on to something, using the four corners. The Dr said he fell more toward his right side instead of flat on his back so the puncture went parallel to his skin not straight in. Then Ryan and Tyler went in the bathroom and got a urine sample and lastly got a couple xrays. The three of us went into the room to wait on the Dr...seemed like forever. We were waiting for him to tell us if Tyler had any blood in his urine, broken bones or air in his abdomen. Dr walked in and said everything looks good. He sent us on our way but not before making an appointment for the 21st to get the stitches taken out. Ryan went off to work, Tyler & and I went to the local drug store {we raided there ibuprofen and clean dressings}. And ended at home sweet home. Tyler stayed home from school today and will again tomorrow. Bruising is starting and he is starting to feel "sore". My thought is I just want those stitches to set a little more before he goes to the zoo, I mean school.


Ryan , Tyler, Nathan and I really want you to know your thoughts and prayers were very much appreciated! We are blessed to have the family and friend we have.


This situation could have been a lot worse...